Interview with Natasha (Grade 11)

What’s the best thing about being a student at BBS?

“I like that we are able to talk with the teachers about current issues and discuss with them what we can do better. They listen more and it is different than in other schools. It is nice that we start at 9am. “

What would you do differently if you were in charge of BBS?

“I would open a bigger debate about how inclusive the school is. It opened up a little a bit, but there is still work to do. Es gibt noch Luft nach oben. There should be more information and communication on what words are appropriate to use, at the end we are school and it is all about education.“

What’s been the biggest challenge at school during the pandemic and why?

“The biggest challenge was to hold up good communication with the teachers. Most of the communication went via email and that was complicated as some emailed late, emails were not seen etc – however, it always goes both sides.“

Name one good thing you’ve learned from being a student during the pandemic?

“How to organise myself digitally. This worked out well.”

How do you contribute to a good atmosphere at school?

“I try to keep a positive attitude. If an argument or conflict breaks out in my class, I like mediating, so that the issue does not interrupt the class or stress out other students.”  

What are you most looking forward to about growing up?

“Making money and having a stable and happy life. I might want to go into the field of psychology.”

Natasha
Submitted by inga on Wed, 03/30/2022 - 09:30

User login