Interview with Rebecca Kopczynski Stoltz-4th Grade

What would you change if you were in charge of BBS?

I would make sure that the breaks are longer because many people complain that the breaks are not long enough.

I wish that school would end one hour earlier.

What’s been the biggest challenge at school during the pandemic and why?

The biggest challenge has been wearing masks because you can’t breathe properly. The home schooling was also really difficult. We were struggling a lot and there was more work given on google classroom than in school. I’m happy that we went through it, and I hope there will be no home schooling again. 

Name one good thing you’ve learned from being a student during the pandemic?

In first grade we learned that we shall keep ‘hands and feet to yourself’ but kids didn’t always keep distances, so I’ve learned that it’s important to sometimes keep distance from other kids that you don’t know. 

How do you contribute to a good atmosphere at school?

I contribute with helping  out the  younger  kids  at   school if they are confused and  if I see somebody who  is sad,  I        ask   “What’s up’? 

What’s the best thing about being a student at BBS?

You learn new things that you didn’t know before and you get to make new friends, it’s fun. Sometimes in ‘In Class Hort’, I get to choose what I want to do, the games and stuff. I like being a student because it’s nicer than being an adult who has more work than a kid.

What are you most looking forward to about growing up?

I’m looking forward to seeing the new BBS schools, I’m really excited to see how they will turn out. I think I would work at BBS, maybe do an internship. 

I’m also looking forward to growing up because then I get to choose my job and I really want to be a president or a chancellor.  I want to change that people are more friendly in the traffic and that people use more electric cars than normal cars. And I would like to change that people don’t throw plastic, glass, cardboard, and metal into the water or on the beach. It may catch the animals and make them sick. I also want people to use less plastic.

Rebecca Kopczynski Stoltz
Submitted by ninahynes@gmail.com on Sun, 03/20/2022 - 21:34

User login