Interview with Molly Lynch, Grade 10

1. What’s the best thing about being a student at BBS?
I like that you get quite a lot of support with your work because your classes are so small. Twelve students in a class. If you have a problem or question, it’s easy to get help with it. And the teachers are all really nice.

2. What would you do different if you were in charge of BBS?
Let kids leave at big break. Leave the school building. We don’t have a cafeteria and a lot of kids come to school with not so much food. And we can’t really do anything right now. It would be nice if we could leave and go to Lidl and get something to eat. We’re starting to use the library now but it would be nice to have somewhere to go that’s quiet. 

We’re the oldest year that has to be in the yard and it gets really loud and that’s kind of annoying. From 11th grade up we can stay in the classroom.

3. What’s been the biggest challenge at school during the pandemic and why?
For me it was probably managing my time and not getting distracted by things at home because I found it really difficult to get work done. There was always something to distract you and you didn’t feel motivated. I did it last minute, I would wait until the end of the day. 

4. Name one good thing you’ve learned from being a student during the pandemic?
Related I guess. I learned to manage my time a bit. That’s been good. Also I’ve learned how to use computers better. You have to do so much with google classroom and google docs. I was already quite good at typing but I guess I’ve gotten better.

5. How do you contribute to a good atmosphere at school?
I guess I’m part of the student council so I have bring up topics that other students want. I help my classmates get what they want from the school. Hopefully!

I also got the school to start later, with my friend. We used to start at 8.30 but now we start at 9. We did a petition and gave it to the teacher who was helping us with it.

6. What are you most looking forward to about growing up?
Living on my own. I like living at home as well, but the idea of the freedom of having your own place is quite intriguing.

Molly Lynch, BBS
Submitted by Maxine Heß on Sun, 03/13/2022 - 13:53

User login